The 2017 Jam the GM Children’s Book Drive takes place throughout the month of January. The Literacy Alliance of the Shuswap Society (LASS) and Salmon Arm GM are challenging community members to “Jam the GM” with donations of gently used children’s books. All books will be distributed to local organizations that provide services for families to then be taken home by children in the North Okanagan-Shuswap.
The kickoff for this event will happen on Thursday, January 5, 2017 at 10:00am at the Salmon Arm GM dealership. Join LASS and our community partners for a story time party with Ardie Burnham, the ORL Youth Services Librarian. Bring your gently used children’s books to “Jam the GM”!
Book donations are accepted at the Salmon Arm GM showroom throughout the month of January as well as at the Enderby Library (clearly bag and label books for donation), and there are several book collection points in Sicamous.
The truck will then head to the Sicamous Eagles game on Saturday, January 14 and the Salmon Arm Silverbacks game on Friday, January 20 to collect book donations from hockey fans.
You can also “Jam the GM” at Piccadilly Mall during Unplug and Play Family Literacy Week (January 21 to January 28, 2017). The GM truck will be in parked in front of the Salmon Arm Library for the week.
- Salmon Arm GM (month of January)
- Enderby Library (bag and clearly mark “LASS” or “Jam the GM”; month of January)
- Eagle Valley Community Resource Centre (month of January)
- Sicamous Health Unit (month of January)
- Sicamous & District Recreation Centre (month of January)
- Sicamous Eagles home game (Jan. 14)
- Salmon Arm Silverbacks home game (Jan. 20)
- Piccadilly Mall (Jan. 21-28)