LASS offers free Literacy Audits and Plain Language Workshops to businesses and organizations that want to become more literacy-friendly for their clients. The Literacy Outreach Coordinator audits an organization’s communications for plain language and reading level, edits documents and helps with layout and formatting to increase ease of reading, holds plain language workshops for staff, and provides tools for future use to staff members.
Communicating in plain language:
- reduces barriers to accessing information
- avoids misunderstandings and errors
- increases efficiency in paper work and administrative tasks
- gives the reader clear and practical information
- helps the reader to act appropriately on that information